❈ 2020 Project ❈
The FOOD PRODUCTION IN MOTION project- "Reducing Food Insecurity in Trinidad and Tobago, one Community at a time"
Project's overarching goal- This project seeks to establish climate-smart, self-sustaining urban cluster gardens in major communities throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- Building capacity so that at least 400 persons (adults and youth) have improved knowledge and practical skill sets to grow produce via "healthier and more sustainable techniques" .
- Facilitating production and monthly sale of this produce at competitive prices to the community.
Project duration: January 2020 - December 2020 [servicing the Malabar/ Arima community district].
- The Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF SGP)
- The Ministry of Agriculture Land and Fisheries
- The Ministry of Education
- AquaVege Ltd.- youth vocational training
Malabar/ Arima Non-Government Organization (MANGO)- NGO
Caribbean Fashion and Arts Feature Festival (CFAFF)- NGO
Environmental and Social Consultative Association (ESCA)- NGO
Upper Malabar Phase IV Community Centre & Malabar R.C. Primary
Carapo Community Centre with Carapo R.C. Primary
Pinto/Santa Rosa Community Centre with Santa Rosa Government Primary
La Horquetta Community Centre
Specific achievements to date: Kindly visit our Instagram and Facebook Pages for weekly updates on the training currently being held at Malabar Phase 4 community centre.
To register for training at the Malabar Phase 4 site: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XX2BBDV
To register for training at any of the other training sites in Arima: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XF6BFMK
To register to be a volunteer at the community garden in Malabar: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NSL3QL7