❈ Upcoming Projects ❈
The FOOD PRODUCTION IN MOTION project- "Reducing Food Insecurity in Trinidad and Tobago, one Community at a time"
Project's overarching goal- This project seeks to establish climate-smart, self-sustaining urban gardens in major communities throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- To produce affordable chemical free crops that are available monthly to the lower/middle income community in 1 public location within the Malabar/ Arima district through use of grow box techniques. This will be done via development of a community garden within the district which will simultaneously serve to generate employment and volunteer opportunities for the young and old.
- To increase capacity so that at least 25 community members per year have skill sets to grow chemical free crops utilizing grow box production techniques. This will be done via: Adult vocational training (2a- see brochure below), and Youth vocational training (2b- see brochure below).
- To facilitate production of chemical free produce by at least 25 community persons per year within newly established garden-at-home kits (see photos to the left) towards sustainable livelihood development.
Tentative project duration: March 2019 - February 2020 [servicing the Malabar/ Arima community district].
- Spancast Caribbean Ltd. [private company]
- Youth vocational training agency- AquaVege Ltd. [private company]
- Adult vocational training agency- YTEPP Ltd. [public sector]
- Malabar/ Arima Non-Government organisation- MANGO [NGO]
- Nourish TT [NGO]
Specific achievements to date [surveying Only]: Surveyed feedback received from 114 persons in the Arima district during August 2018- September 2018 was used to tailor details of the "Food Production in Motion" project design.