❈ Upcoming Projects ❈
The FOOD PRODUCTION IN MOTION project- "Reducing Food Insecurity in Trinidad and Tobago, one Community at a time"
Project's overarching goal- This project seeks to establish climate-smart, self-sustaining urban cluster gardens in major communities throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- Building capacity so that at least 400 persons (adults and youth) have improved knowledge and practical skill sets to grow produce via "healthier and more sustainable techniques" .
- Facilitating production and monthly sale of this produce at competitive prices to the community.
Tentative project duration: September 2019 - August 2020 [servicing the Malabar/ Arima community district].
- The Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF SGP)
- The Ministry of Agriculture Land and Fisheries
- The Ministry of Education
- AquaVege Ltd.- youth vocational training
Malabar/ Arima Non-Government Organization (MANGO)- NGO
Caribbean Fashion and Arts Feature Festival (CFAFF)- NGO
Environmental and Social Consultative Association (ESCA)- NGO
Upper Malabar Phase IV Community Centre & Malabar Government Primary
Carapo Community Centre with Carapo R.C. Primary
Pinto/Santa Rosa Community Centre with Santa Rosa Government Primary
La Horquetta Community Centre
Specific achievements to date [surveying Only]: Surveyed feedback received from 114 persons in the Arima district during August 2018- September 2018 was used to tailor details of the "Food Production in Motion" project design.